Software Developer Resume
Download MS-Word copy of this resume
Download PDF copy of this resume
Scott Vaughan - Senior Software Developer Resume
6191 NW 31st Way, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309 | (954) 236-8188 | email@example.com
- • Senior Software Developer with Bachelor’s Degree and 20 years’ experience is seeking a new position in South Florida.
- Technical Skills
- • Languages: C#, SQL, LINQ, JSON, XML, HTML, Visual Basic (VB), C++, PL/SQL, MS-DOS
- • Frameworks and SDK: Angular2, Microsoft .Net Framework, J2EE, Android SDK
- • Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, Access
- • Tools: ASP.Net, Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, Visual Basic (VB), SoapUI, Eclipse, Visual InterDev, Transaction Server (MTS), Oracle Developer 2000; Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Oracle Procedure Builder, Oracle SQL Plus, Help Magician Pro, Visual Source Safe, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Subversion (SVN), Git
- • 1990-1994: Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) from University of New Brunswick (UNB)
- • 1996: Certificate of Achievement: Mercury Interactive - Test Suite 4.0 Training Course
- • 1999: Certificate of Excellence: Microsoft Certified Provider (MCP)
- • 70-160: Microsoft Windows Architecture I
- • 70-161: Microsoft Windows Architecture II
- • 70-176: Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Desktop
- • 70-175: Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 Distributed
- • 2010: Certificate of Achievement: Microsoft - Visual Studio Hands On Seminar
- • 2014: Statement of Accomplishment: Coursera / University Of Maryland - Programming Mobile Applications for Android Handheld Systems
- • 2017: Certificate of Completion: Udemy - AngularJS For Beginners
- • 2017: Certificate of Completion: Udemy - Getting Started with Angular2+
- Work History
- JPay, Miramar, FL Nov 2012 – Apr 2017 (4 years 5 months)
- Web Developer for Web Services, Core Money, Commissary, Education, Music Teams
- • Participated in technical design meetings to gather requirements and extend the functionality of existing business application software for various company Inmate service products then completed assigned tasks by translating business requirements into custom solutions.
- • Created and modified various methods in the ASP.Net WCF web services, window services and win form applications, also C# middle tier, base, manager, and LINQ query Data Access Layer (DAL) classes using Visual Studio.
- • Created and modified various back end SQL Server database tables (DDL), stored procedures, views, functions (DML) within the existing company database schema using T-SQL in SQL Management Studio.
- • Investigated and documented the process of importing the company SQL Server database schema to create and modify the Entity Framework Model (EF) and uploaded a training document to team SharePoint for other developers.
- Ultimate Software, Weston, FL Jan 2011 – Oct 2012 (1 year 9 months)
- Web Developer for SAAS Customs Team
- • Assisted Business Analyst in analyzing client's requirements and participated in the design of the custom solution for the clients running the ASP.Net Ultipro HRMS/Payroll web portal.
- • Participated in meetings with other team members and clients relating to application development projects.
- • Designed, coded, tested and delivered applications according to specification documents and secured proper client acceptance.
- • Created various XML ORM Data mapping files, workflow processing files and ASP.Net web services, middle tier C# Data Access, Facade, Business classes in Visual Studio.
- • Created and modified SQL Server tables, views, triggers, stored procedures, scalar functions, table functions and SQL Agent jobs using T-SQL in SQL Management Studio.
- • Created installation documentation.
- • Provided accurate and timely information regarding project status and project hours to the Work Report System.
- • Troubleshot client problems with delivered custom applications and resolved in a timely manner.
- • Effectively implemented change-control and escalated major scope changes to team members and clients as warranted on all application development projects.
- • Provided input on methodology, process improvements and regular project status through scheduled updates to the Application Services Manager.
- MediaWhiz (Acquired by Matomy Media Group), Plantation, FL Jan 2008 – Dec 2010 (2 years 11 months)
- Lead Developer for Coregistrations Team
- • Managed a team of developers while participating in the analysis, design and development of internet marketing affiliate and lead generation web sites, services, and back end processes.
- • Merged several disparate systems into a common solution sharing a common n-tier .Net framework.
- • Created various ASP.Net web forms, user controls, C# middle tier entity, business logic and data objects ASP.Net web services in Visual Studio.
- • Performed SQL Server database analysis and development including creation and modification of various tables, stored procedures, SQL agent jobs and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages using T-SQL in SQL Management Studio.
- • Performed periodic builds and deployment of websites and services to development, staging and production environments.
- • Performed code reviews and mentored developers on coding standards, analysis, design, and development approach within the project framework.
- • Performed periodic configuration, setup and troubleshooting of websites and services on web servers. Produced various internal requirements, technical, testing and training documents.
- Learn.com (Acquired by Oracle Corporation), Sunrise, FL Jun 2006 – Nov 2007 (1 year 5 months)
- Senior Software Developer for Learn Center Team
- • Performed analysis, design and development of the ASP.Net corporate training website product including web forms, user controls, C# middle tier data and business classes in Visual Studio to provide and consume data from various SQL stored procedures in T-SQL using SQL Management Studio.
- • Created an internal DevOps ASP.Net C# win forms application for team to generate C# middle tier business entities, business logic and data access classes from SQL Server stored procedure Meta data using templates.
- • Created an internal DevOps ASP.Net C# win form desktop build tool application to automate Source Safe retrieval, MS Build compilation and network deployment of the entire website solution to development and quality assurance servers for software release cycles.
- • Created internal technical documentation including various software design specifications, steps to configure development environment, steps to promote code to production environment.
- • Mentored new, peer and remote developers on a daily basis.
- Transeastern Homes (Acquired by Engle Homes), Coral Springs, FL Sept 2005 – June 2006 (9 months)
- Application Developer for the Application Systems Team
- • Performed analysis, design and development of various internal ASP.Net C# web intranet applications for a large statewide home builder.
- • Created ASP.Net web forms, user controls, reports, C# middle tier data and business classes in Visual Studio to provide and consume data from various SQL Server tables, views, stored procedures, and functions in T-SQL using SQL Management Studio.
- • Performed various manual and scripted SQL Server database maintenance tasks and database migrations for weekly software release cycles.
- • Created internal technical and user documentation.
- Indotronix International Corporation, Poughkeepsie, NY April 2005 – Sept 2005 (5 months)
- IT Consultant (Developer) for the following project:
- Wildcard Systems Inc, Sunrise, FL, Fees Team
- • Performed analysis, design and developed an ASP.Net C# web application on ASP.Net web forms and user controls for internal staff to view exiting fees configured for various prepaid gift card programs using Visual Studio.
- • Expanded existing fee processing system to handle hybrid fee processing.
- • Performed investigation and system maintenance to satisfy various issues reported through trouble tickets and monitored daily, weekly, monthly batch processes.
- • Completed production Management Forms (PMF), bill of materials, test plan, unit testing, and quality assurance testing and system documentation.
- Xwave (Acquired by Bell Canada), Fredericton, NB Feb 2002 – Mar 2005 (3 years 1 months)
- IT Consultant (Developer) for the Corrections Information System (CORIS) Team for State of Maine
- • Investigated and document the process of exporting the database schema from Oracle CASE Designer into the team SQL Server database.
- • Assisted the team in manually converting Oracle PL/SQL database objects (tables, views, packages, stored procedures and functions) into Microsoft SQL Server Transact-SQL (T-SQL) using SQL Management Studio.
- • Developed various ASP.Net web forms, user controls, custom controls and VB.net business object classes for the ASP.Net Offender Management and Inmate Accounting websites using Visual Studio.
- • Created Extended SQL Server stored procedures with Visual C++ using Visual Studio.
- • Created various SQL Server views, stored procedures and functions using T-SQL in SQL Management Studio.
- • Performed unit testing, bug fixes and enhancements on various system components.
- • Mentored coworkers on various technologies, tools and processes.
- SEI Information Technology, Los Angeles, CA Jan 2000 – Jun 2001 (1 year 6 months)
- IT Consultant (Developer) for the following 2 Projects:
- Toyota, Dealer Daily System with Microsoft Consulting Services Team, May 2000 – June 2001
- • Assisted in the design and enhancement of system components for the Toyota Vehicles and Lexus teams.
- • Participated in all phases of the development cycle throughout all architectural tiers of the system including creating and maintaining ASP web pages, VB DLL middle tier business objects in Visual Studio and SQL Server T-SQL stored procedures in SQL Management Studio as per written requirements defined by the Product team.
- • Performed various bug fixes identified by the QA team and software enhancements defined by the Product team.
- • Participated in the stress testing labs for the system and provided on call support and troubleshooting for new dealers using the system.
- • Created a technical document detailing the implementation of the custom components developed.
- • Mentored new developers into the project.
- Financial Investors Investment Corporation (FNIC), Weblink System Team, January 2000 – May 2000
- • Assisting the web team to complete the development cycle of the system and perform enhancements.
- • Developed various ASP web pages and VB DLL COM business components using Visual Studio.
- • Created a hyper linked technical document detailing the implementation of the custom components developed.
- CGI Group Inc, Fredericton, NB Jan 1996 – Aug 1998 (2 years 7 months)
- IT Consultant (Developer) for the following 6 Projects:
- Department of Transportation (DOT) Prov of NB, Federal Claims System (XFED), June 1998 - August 1998
- • Participated in design meetings with projects staff.
- • Developed a prototype of MS-Access 97 VBA forms as front end to legacy Clipper database.
- New North Media/ Bayer / University of Western Ontario, HEALNet III System Team April 1998 - May 1998
- • Participated in the design meetings with projects staff.
- • Developed ASP web data entry forms for patient profiles and ASP web modules to facilitate processing from the Vista 350 telephone interface as per written functional specifications.
- Dept of Education (DOE) Prov of NB, Youth Apprenticeship Program (YAP) February 1998 - March 1998
- • Created database tables, SQL queries and ASP web pages as prototypes for the client as per written functional specifications.
- • Demonstrated the prototype of the system on a weekly basis to the client then performed enhancements as required.
- • Created technical documentation detailing the implementation.
- • Provided support for the system on the client site as required.
- Dept of Education (DOE) Prov of NB, PC Inventory System Team December 1997 - February 1998
- • Worked with the client to gather requirements for adding reporting functionality to the existing system.
- • Developed a prototype of the system by adding tables, SQL queries to the database and IDC/HTX web pages.
- • Demonstrated the prototype to the client and performed final enhancements to the system.
- • Created a technical document detailing the implementation of the enhanced system.
- Dept of Advanced Education and Labor (AEL) Prov of NB, Computerized Examination Management System (CEMS) Team April 1996 - July 1997
- • Enhanced the existing system by upgrading the online exam item editor client process from 16 bit MS-DOS batch programs and WordPerfect 5.1 macros to 32 bit Wilson WindowWare Winbatch scripts and WordPerfect 6.1 / Corel WordPerfect 7 macros.
- • Created an installation program to facilitate distribution of the enhanced system for both Window 3.1 and Windows 95.
- Dept of Health Prov of NB / Blue Cross of Atlantic Canada, Medicare Administration and Technical Services (MATS) System Team January 1996 - September 1997
- • Worked closely with the Systems Architect to design, prototype and develop the Letters engine to dynamically generate 250 template Wordperfect letters on demand merged with data from the Oracle database server from an Oracle Form running on the client.
- • Created Oracle stored procedures, WordPerfect macros and modified Oracle Forms and Oracle Report triggers to call WordPerfect macros.
- • Wrote technical documentation detailing the Letter engine implementation.
- • Performed post CASE development and bug fixes on various Oracle stored procedures, Oracle forms and reports throughout the system.
- • Assisted the DBA team by creating PL/SQL load scripts for the French language database code tables.
- • Assisted the QA team with testing and verification.
- • Added PCL5 escape sequences for signature cartridge functionality to facilitate the batch processing for claim checks.
- • Created a curriculum, instructed and supported the Documentation team to create online Help.